Why we collect data
We use your personal data to provide our services, improve the quality of services and products offered, for verifying your identity and creating credit scoring models, send notifications, offers and promotional materials, protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of third parties, and comply with generally applicable laws. We also use this data for purposes of collections and credit reporting.
The data we collect
Your privacy and personal information is of utmost concern to us. We consider your privacy to be very important and would never share your personal information without your explicit consent and in any unlawful manner.
We may collect the following information:
Information you give us about you (including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age and other registration information, financial and credit information, personal description and photos):
- by registering or filling forms the Afrikaloan mobile application (for example, during applying for a loan);
- by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat);
- by downloading or registering the Afrikaloan mobile application;
Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you download or visit our mobile application or website we may collect:
we may ask for your permission to view your SMS, Mpesa, Airtel Money and T-Kash SMS in particular and other pertinent information in order to verify your identity, your creditworthiness and to enable us to generate a credit score for you so as to provide you with personalized loans, to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of our services; technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, unique device IDS (for example, IMEI or serial number), information about the SIM card, mobile network information, your device operating system, the type of browser you use, or your device location and time zone settings;
information stored on your device, including contact lists, call logs, SMS logs, Facebook friends, contact lists from other social media accounts, photos, videos or other digital content;
details of your use of our mobile application including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
location information. We may also use GPS technology or other location services to determine your current location.
- Information we receive from other sources. We reserve the right to work with a limited number of third parties (including credit reference agencies, mobile network providers, and collection agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Be informed that we use a tool that allows us to make automatic decisions. We use the above data to reduce the risk of making a mistake, lowering the risk of non-payment of a loan, and it allows to make a credit decision in a shorter period of time
How we transfer and store data
Because we are a part of an international group of companies with data-centers around the world, your data may be transferred to other countries including countries which do not have the same level of data protection laws as those in the country where you are located. We will, however, ensure that your data is protected to a strict standard.
Who we share data with
We may share your data with third parties in certain circumstances. We may, for example, share data with:
- credit bureaus, in requesting credit histories or reporting loan defaults;
- collections agencies, in seeking to collect overdue Loans;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies, to comply with the law;
- professional advisers, to enforce or defend our legal rights;
- with a purchaser or seller in connection with a corporate event such as a merger, business acquisition or insolvency situation.
Questions and Changes